What You Need To Know About Single Axis Solar Tracking Kits
As the world is becoming more serious about sustainable development and the future of energy, the need for cleaner sources of energy have been hindered by the cost of extracting and storing them. So, the government and many organizations are finding cost-effective ways to overcome that obstacle.
Using Trackers to Maximize
One of the main hindrances on solar energy use is the limited amount of sunlight being received by countries that are not in the tropics. If a solar panel is not angled to receive the maximum amount of sunlight possible, then not enough energy will be produced.
Solar trackers have been designed to increase the amount of sunlight being captured by minimizing the angle of incidence between the panel and incoming sun. This does not mean that a tracker will do a complete 360-degree move to capture all of the sun’s rays, but not as much light will miss the panel as it would if there was no tracking. At least 85% of solar energy will be saved, which is a huge step in the right direction for the solar energy industry.
Introduction of the Single Axis Solar Tracker
When a photovoltaic panel is installed as a stationary item, it can only receive rays of the sun when they hit its direction, or when the sun is directly above it. With solar tracking kits, one is able to:
- Change stationary mounts to angled panel mounts to capture rays as the angle of the sunlight moves.
- ‘Track’ the sun finding the most optimal angles and increase productivity.
- Retain at least 85% of solar energy.
The solar tracking PV system was created to enhance the design of a stationary mount and allow the movement of the tracking system to capture and store more energy. This leads to more efficient energy use.
Solar Tracker Features
Solar Tracking kits have been observed to increase solar productivity by up to 24% by implementing unique features that are not found in standard solar panels.
Many systems feature the following:
- Intelligent auto-stowing– Tracker automatically follows the sun without the need to continually reset it. The only time it needs to be reset is after a storm.
- Easy to Maintain- The modular design has fewer components that make it easy to maintain, clean, and replace if needed.
- Wireless Monitoring- An intelligent pulse that helps monitor its efficiency, critical parameters, and accuracy in real time. Then delivers the results.
- Self-Powered- Backed by a two-day system that requires no cabling that ensures it will not lose power.
- Designed to Move- Able to run horizontally, polar aligned, vertically, and tilted to best capture sunlight
A solar tracking system performs better than a fixed mount system while also providing some extra features that make it more appealing.
Benefits of Investing in a Solar Tracking Kit
Those that have made the move to using solar energy, but have not yet invested in a solar tracking system, are missing out on valuable energy and capabilities. Though a stationary mount is cheaper, it does not capture as much energy as its tracking counterpart leading to less of a return on the investment.
By using a solar tracking mounting system, one can maximize the amount of energy being saved and used for their home or business. A more efficient energy receptor combined with a sophisticated system that is easy to maintain will lead to lower energy costs in the long run.
More Effective than Stationary Solar Panels
Trackers are better than stationary panels by far and currently, they are the way to go in solar energy harvesting. Single-axis trackers are used on both small and large projects to increase energy generation and to ensure that no sun ray goes to waste. As technology advances, they are likely to get even better.